Nearly 20 Hospitalized Following Science Experiment at Gallatin School

0
337

Over a dozen elementary school students and a teacher were hospitalized following a science experiment in Gallatin on Friday morning.

According to News 2, 18 third grade students at Vena Stuart Elementary School were taken to local hospitals after a dry ice experience went wrong. Officials say around 9:30am, the school issued a “Code Orange” alert, which is issued after a spill of hazardous materials.

Sumner County Schools stated several students reported feeling ill following a science experiment with an outside presenter. The students and the teacher were all taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

All are currently in non-critical condition.

Officials say the room where the incident occurred has been thoroughly assessed and ventilated by the Gallatin Fire Department.