Great recipe for the hot days of summer using one of our favorite fruits- blueberries.
- 1 bottle (25 oz) rosé wine
- 2 1/3 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- Pour wine into ice cube trays; freeze for 6 to 8 hours until almost frozen solid (wine will not freeze completely because of alcohol content).
- In blender, pulse together wine ice cubes, 2 cups frozen blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and 2 tbsp basil leaves until smooth. Divide among 4 glasses. Garnish with remaining blueberries and basil leaves.
For virgin cocktails, substitute lemon sparkling water for wine.